A NINE-YEAR-OLD British girl has died after suffering from a suspected allergic reaction on the Costa del Sol.
The schoolgirl is believed to have gone into anaphylactic shock after eating an ice cream in Mijas on Friday.
According to DiarioSur, the young girl, who was on holiday with her family, was allergic to milk and nuts.
She had been taken to Costa del Sol hospital near Marbella and was in a critical condition.
The yet unnamed girl only worsened over the weekend, however, and died yesterday afternoon.
An autopsy was carried out this morning by experts at Malaga’s Institute of Forensic Medicine.
An investigating judge will now probe the tragic event before the results of the autopsy are made public, as is the norm in Spain.
Experts in Sevilla, meanwhile, will confirm whether her allergies led to her death.
It is not yet known which hotel the family were staying in.
- IN PICS: ‘One million’ march against Brexit in London - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 20:14
- ‘DRUG HILLS’: British expats in upmarket urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol wake up to ‘disgraceful’ graffiti - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:47
- Westley Capper arrives at Malaga court on last day of Agnese Klavina trial after damning CCTV footage shown to court - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:20
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31