A NINE-YEAR-OLD British girl has died after suffering from a suspected allergic reaction on the Costa del Sol. 

The schoolgirl is believed to have gone into anaphylactic shock after eating an ice cream in Mijas on Friday.

According to DiarioSur, the young girl, who was on holiday with her family, was allergic to milk and nuts.

She had been taken to Costa del Sol hospital near Marbella and was in a critical condition.

The yet unnamed girl only worsened over the weekend, however, and died yesterday afternoon.

An autopsy was carried out this morning by experts at Malaga’s Institute of Forensic Medicine.

An investigating judge will now probe the tragic event before the results of the autopsy are made public, as is the norm in Spain.

Experts in Sevilla, meanwhile, will confirm whether her allergies led to her death.

It is not yet known which hotel the family were staying in.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.