A NINE-YEAR-OLD British girl has died after suffering from a suspected allergic reaction on the Costa del Sol.
The schoolgirl is believed to have gone into anaphylactic shock after eating an ice cream in Mijas on Friday.
According to DiarioSur, the young girl, who was on holiday with her family, was allergic to milk and nuts.
She had been taken to Costa del Sol hospital near Marbella and was in a critical condition.
The yet unnamed girl only worsened over the weekend, however, and died yesterday afternoon.
An autopsy was carried out this morning by experts at Malaga’s Institute of Forensic Medicine.
An investigating judge will now probe the tragic event before the results of the autopsy are made public, as is the norm in Spain.
Experts in Sevilla, meanwhile, will confirm whether her allergies led to her death.
It is not yet known which hotel the family were staying in.
- BREAKING: Reports of Vodafone being down in Spain - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 15:29
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29