HUELVA ham has flown to Hollywood to make its debut at the exclusive post-Oscars Governor’s Ball this weekend.
The Sierra de Huelva ham made by Cinco Jotas is to take centre stage at the glittering Academy Awards bash after Austrian celebrity chef Wolfgang Puck spotted its talents.
“Nobody makes ham like Spain and Cinco Jotas is special,” he said.
“It’s absolutely perfect, the guests will feel like they’re in the best restaurant in Spain, it’s a gift, it’s the first time we have it but it will not be the last,” he added.
Puck, who has been in charge of the star-studded event’s menu for 20 years, is a huge fan of Iberian hams.
In 2011 the Academy spent $54,000 on 90 hams from another Spanish brand.
This year there were five legs of ham, costing at least €86 a kilo, for the 1,500 guests and an additional five held in reserve for those not on a diet.
“We have brought Iberian ham before, but nothing like Cinco Jotas, it is the best we have ever had,” enthused Puck.
Cinco Jotas ham is 100% the meat of Iberian pigs which have grazed in pastures on an acorn diet for two years.
It is to be presented to the Oscar crowd in tapas-sized dishes with a cornucopia of garnishes including caramelised cauliflower, golden raisins, pine nuts, beetroot, almond custard, Asian pears, grapefruit salad, persimmon with walnuts, burrata and arugula lettuce.
And of course, Hollywood’s glitterati are to wash it down with another award-winning Andalucia product – 7.5 litres of Pedro Ximenez from Jerez.
- One hospitalised as roaring chemical plant fire in San Roque is brought under control - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 20:27
- Gibraltar says ‘no cause for concern’ as toxic smoke from San Roque chemical fire unlikely to affect British territory - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 17:55
- Firefighters near San Roque chemical fire warn of toxic smoke as Gibraltar government advises residents to CLOSE WINDOWS and doors - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 17:35
- WATCH: Homes evacuated as huge chemical fire ‘covers cars in ash’ and ‘turns sky dark’ near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 16:59
- IN VIDEOS: HUGE mushroom cloud of toxic black smoke as fire BLAZES at chemical plant near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 16:16
- BREAKING: Incident at San Roque oil refinery as flames and smoke billow from plant - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 15:54
- PLEASE SHARE: British teen launches last-ditch appeal to find dad who vanished from Spain’s Costa Blanca almost 10 years ago - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 15:34
- Shots fired at mosque in Spain - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 14:37
- BLUFFING MUFFINS: WARNING as batches of ‘fake gluten and dairy free’ magdalenas across Spain at risk of causing widespread allergic reactions - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 14:27
- IN PICS: Saudi tycoon’s HUGE €200 million yacht arrives on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 13:59