HUELVA ham has flown to Hollywood to make its debut at the exclusive post-Oscars Governor’s Ball this weekend.
The Sierra de Huelva ham made by Cinco Jotas is to take centre stage at the glittering Academy Awards bash after Austrian celebrity chef Wolfgang Puck spotted its talents.
“Nobody makes ham like Spain and Cinco Jotas is special,” he said.
“It’s absolutely perfect, the guests will feel like they’re in the best restaurant in Spain, it’s a gift, it’s the first time we have it but it will not be the last,” he added.
Puck, who has been in charge of the star-studded event’s menu for 20 years, is a huge fan of Iberian hams.
In 2011 the Academy spent $54,000 on 90 hams from another Spanish brand.
This year there were five legs of ham, costing at least €86 a kilo, for the 1,500 guests and an additional five held in reserve for those not on a diet.
“We have brought Iberian ham before, but nothing like Cinco Jotas, it is the best we have ever had,” enthused Puck.
Cinco Jotas ham is 100% the meat of Iberian pigs which have grazed in pastures on an acorn diet for two years.
It is to be presented to the Oscar crowd in tapas-sized dishes with a cornucopia of garnishes including caramelised cauliflower, golden raisins, pine nuts, beetroot, almond custard, Asian pears, grapefruit salad, persimmon with walnuts, burrata and arugula lettuce.
And of course, Hollywood’s glitterati are to wash it down with another award-winning Andalucia product – 7.5 litres of Pedro Ximenez from Jerez.
- ‘DRUG HILLS’: British expats in upmarket urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol wake up to ‘disgraceful’ graffiti - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:47
- Westley Capper arrives at Malaga court on last day of Agnese Klavina trial after damning CCTV footage shown to court - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:20
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31
- British expats facing 12 years in prison and €84,000 in compensation costs as trial over missing Agnese Klavina begins in Malaga TODAY - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 11:22