POLICE have revealed that a mother and son were also poisoned by carbon monoxide just TWO DAYS before a billionaire beer heiress and her partner died at their rural finca in Mallorca.

An alarm at the lucky survivors’ home alerted Guardia Civil in Selva, Mallorca, who last week arrived in the early morning to a house sheltering a ‘huge quantity of carbon monoxide’.

The mother and son, who were found unconscious on a sofa, were rushed to the Hospital de Inca after receiving first aid.

A police spokesperson said the house had ‘two wood-burning stoves alight’ at the time of rescue.

The news comes after mother-of-three Philippine de Mevius, 52, whose family own the world’s biggest brewing firm Ab Inbev, died alongside her partner Andre Emsens last Saturday, due to faulty log-burning stove.

READ MORE:

The owner of nearby restaurant in Lluc, Ernesto Couto, 49, told the Olive Press all rural Mallorcans use wood-burning stoves to heat their homes, but added that they ‘always keep a window open’.

It is not yet known if the Belgian couple had a carbon monoxide alarm installed.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.