POLICE have revealed that a mother and son were also poisoned by carbon monoxide just TWO DAYS before a billionaire beer heiress and her partner died at their rural finca in Mallorca.
An alarm at the lucky survivors’ home alerted Guardia Civil in Selva, Mallorca, who last week arrived in the early morning to a house sheltering a ‘huge quantity of carbon monoxide’.
The mother and son, who were found unconscious on a sofa, were rushed to the Hospital de Inca after receiving first aid.
A police spokesperson said the house had ‘two wood-burning stoves alight’ at the time of rescue.
The news comes after mother-of-three Philippine de Mevius, 52, whose family own the world’s biggest brewing firm Ab Inbev, died alongside her partner Andre Emsens last Saturday, due to faulty log-burning stove.
The owner of nearby restaurant in Lluc, Ernesto Couto, 49, told the Olive Press all rural Mallorcans use wood-burning stoves to heat their homes, but added that they ‘always keep a window open’.
It is not yet known if the Belgian couple had a carbon monoxide alarm installed.
- WHAT’S UP DOC?: Spanish doctor’s note goes viral on social media as patient needs ‘Rosetta Stone’ to decipher it - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 13:00
- MISTAKE: ‘Laboratory error’ led to false diagnosis of Chikungunya by Icelandic hospital as Spain remains free of tropical virus - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 12:26
- BEERATO: Spain sells cheapest alcohol in the whole eurozone - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- Brit fuming as new Bentley is towed away in Benidorm thanks to slow government database - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 17:33
- Valencia gets first UNESCO biosphere reserves with Alto Turia and Valle de Cabriel - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 17:14
- IN PICS: England football legend Paul Gascoigne SPOTTED with fans in Benidorm in run up to public speaking tour - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 16:07
- Spain’s first original Netflix documentary ‘The Alcassar Murders’ released detailing horrific 1992 triple homicide in Valencia - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 15:25
- British tea set recovered from 150-year-old shipwreck on show at unique Costa Blanca maritime exhibition - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 14:00
- SEVEN people stung by Portuguese Man O’War as three beaches closed in Benidorm - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 13:05
- Dustmen denounce ‘lazy’ resident who threw three gas canisters into organic waste bin in Benitachell - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 11:53