A SERIOUSLY ill British grandad stranded in Spain could face a gruelling 24-hour drive, as his family fight to bring him home.
Keith Arrowsmith, 58 from Wrexham, has been stuck in Benidorm for nearly two months after a lung infection put him into an induced coma.
Mr Arrowsmith, who has six grandchildren, may need a road ambulance to bring him back to the UK, his daughter Donna told NorthWalesLive.
A “slight mistake” on the family’s insurance policy has meant insurers won’t pay out for the trip, which can cost around €12,800.
Donna said her father was “very depressed”, although the Spanish authorities were still paying for his treatment.
She said: “He took a turn for the worse this week and was struggling to breathe.”
The family has set up a fundraising page to try and raise the cash to bring Mr Arrowsmith home, so far £1,135 has been raised.
You can donate to the page by clicking here.
- Police in Spain catch drug ‘home delivery’ biker gang - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 13:05
- Zara launches new customisable denim fashion line in Spain - 21 Mar, 2019 @ 12:07
- Historic Malaga villa owned by ‘Schindler of the Civil War’ demolished - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:48
- Police arrest five ‘drug traffickers’ after young man kidnapped and murdered on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 13:05
- New property on the Costa soars to upwards of €6,000 per square metre - 17 Mar, 2019 @ 11:03
- British expat in Spain who ‘asked friend’ to cut off his penis seemed ‘normal’ hours before but ‘struggled with gender’ - 16 Mar, 2019 @ 13:01
- UK MPs join battle to get millions back for British expats who lost out to rogue FX firm based in Mallorca - 15 Mar, 2019 @ 12:57
- Police in Spain help man with AMPUTATED PENIS in bizarre self-harm case - 12 Mar, 2019 @ 13:15
- Zidane returns to Spain as Real Madrid boss - 11 Mar, 2019 @ 18:34
- PICTURED: Scot killed on Costa Blanca stag do named, as police hunt two British tourists - 11 Mar, 2019 @ 15:00