A SERIOUSLY ill British grandad stranded in Spain could face a gruelling 24-hour drive, as his family fight to bring him home.
Keith Arrowsmith, 58 from Wrexham, has been stuck in Benidorm for nearly two months after a lung infection put him into an induced coma.
Mr Arrowsmith, who has six grandchildren, may need a road ambulance to bring him back to the UK, his daughter Donna told NorthWalesLive.
A “slight mistake” on the family’s insurance policy has meant insurers won’t pay out for the trip, which can cost around €12,800.
Donna said her father was “very depressed”, although the Spanish authorities were still paying for his treatment.
She said: “He took a turn for the worse this week and was struggling to breathe.”
The family has set up a fundraising page to try and raise the cash to bring Mr Arrowsmith home, so far £1,135 has been raised.
You can donate to the page by clicking here.
- Boxing champ Wladimir Klitschko rescued at sea after yacht fire off Spain’s Mallorca - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 14:09
- Dutch lorry driver arrested by police after 1,000 kilo drugs haul discovered on Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 13:15
- Hit Netflix film starring Adam Sandler slammed for stereotypical depiction of ‘backwater’ Spain - 21 Jun, 2019 @ 17:26
- Police in Spain detain gang accused of financing Al-Qaeda terrorism in Syria - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 19:25
- Murdered mother of five in Andalucia becomes Spain’s 1,000th gender violence victim - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 18:41
- Warning over ruthless Costa Blanca thieves ‘spiking Brits’ in Benidorm with date rape drugs - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 15:54
- Spain calls on UK to negotiate ‘colonial situation’ of Gibraltar at UN committee meeting - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 13:05
- Spain slammed after new report finds 100,000 people with disabilities are trapped at home - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 14:18
- UK minister issues summer job prison warning for Brits on Spain holiday island - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- Ex Real Madrid superstar Ronaldo adds to luxury supercar collection with new €850,000 McLaren Senna - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 17:12