SPAIN has said it will prosecute the racist British man who attacked a black woman on a Ryanair flight.
Mesher, originally from Birmingham, was filmed by other passengers calling Gayle an ‘ugly black bastard’ on the FR015 flight to London Stansted.
It comes just days after Essex Police said it could not prosecute Mesher as it did not have jurisdiction to do so.
Barcelona Mayor Ada Colau confirmed, this week, that Spain would continue with charges against Mesher.
She had previously said: “The judiciary here in Spain goes slow, so this will not happen quickly.
“Barcelona City Council has provided the prosecutor with the information regarding the victim and the testimony.
“He has everything in his hands and has reaffirmed to us today that there is a case and he will go on with it.”
A statement from Essex Police earlier this week read: “We have completed our enquiries as far as we are legally able to.”
- Death of British teen in Spain who was third to die at same apartment block ‘could have been prevented’ - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 13:38
- OH MY GOGH: Gun Van Gogh ‘killed himself with’ to be auctioned off while southern Spain tour of his work continues - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 12:30
- CASTING CALL: Netflix needs male and female extras in Spain’s Andalucia for new drama series - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 10:57
- POSH: Brits Victoria and David Beckham jet into Spain’s Andalucia for celeb wedding of year catered for by Dani Garcia - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 16:54
- WATCH: Shocking moment bullring volunteer in Spain gored to death in front of 2,000 fans as bull ran back into pen - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 12:52
- Facial recognition cameras installed at Gibraltar Airport - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 11:00
- UK Government denies issuing ‘fresh warning’ of terror threat in Spain - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:34
- UK primary school hires convicted CHILD KILLER from Spain’s Andalucia who stabbed schoolgirl victim 32 times - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:44
- REVEALED: These countries made the most asylum applications to Spain so far this year - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:20
- PALM BEACH: The curious pop history of the Costa del Sol’s most famous chiringuito freshly refurbished for summer - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 11:00