SPAIN has said it will prosecute the racist British man who attacked a black woman on a Ryanair flight.
Mesher, originally from Birmingham, was filmed by other passengers calling Gayle an ‘ugly black bastard’ on the FR015 flight to London Stansted.
It comes just days after Essex Police said it could not prosecute Mesher as it did not have jurisdiction to do so.
Barcelona Mayor Ada Colau confirmed, this week, that Spain would continue with charges against Mesher.
She had previously said: “The judiciary here in Spain goes slow, so this will not happen quickly.
“Barcelona City Council has provided the prosecutor with the information regarding the victim and the testimony.
“He has everything in his hands and has reaffirmed to us today that there is a case and he will go on with it.”
A statement from Essex Police earlier this week read: “We have completed our enquiries as far as we are legally able to.”
- FIGHT THE POWER: Olive Press launches campaign to stop network of 352 pylons ‘destroying’ Andalucia’s Lecrin Valley and Alpujarras - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 09:00
- British comedy legend Jason Manford to perform in Gibraltar THIS SUMMER for first time ever - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 18:53
- WATCH: Netflix trailer for NEW natural history series narrated by Spain’s Penelope Cruz and David Attenborough - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 12:12
- British woman in Spain arrested over murder of homeless Romanian man with no legs who was strangled and set on fire - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 10:40
- WINDY WEATHER: Parts of Costa del Sol to be battered by gusts of over 70km/h THIS WEEKEND - 21 Mar, 2019 @ 11:03
- ‘HE WAS ALWAYS SMILING’: British baby boy dies suddenly at airport in Spain as family caught flight home from holiday - 21 Mar, 2019 @ 10:28
- British parents reveal son, 6, suffers deafness and rare diabetes after his face was paralysed when arcade machine fell on him on Spain holiday - 21 Mar, 2019 @ 09:43
- WATCH: Matador in Spain flung in air by bull and gored in buttocks before being rushed to hospital for surgery - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 10:33
- GIBRALTAR VS IRELAND: Fan zone, time, TV and everything else you need to know for Euro 2020 qualifier THIS WEEKEND - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 13:26
- Around 100 British expats in Spain flying to London for huge Brexit protest THIS SATURDAY - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:06