A BRITISH man has stabbed his Spanish wife to death in Estepona, before trying to kill himself.
The 55-year-old is in police custody at a medical centre where he is being treated for self-inflicted wounds on his wrists.
He is reported to have stabbed his 58-year-old wife after attempting to kick her son, 15, out of the house.
The events happened at around 11:45pm last night, in what is the second case of gender violence on the Costa del Sol this year.
Estepona City Council has now ordered three days of mourning for the murdered woman, with a minute’s silence to be held at 6:00pm.
The Mayor of Estepona, José María García Urbano said: “Sexist violence can not have a place in our society and that we must continue fighting to end this scourge.”
- Boy, 2, dies after falling into swimming pool in Spain’s Malaga - 20 Jun, 2019 @ 11:36
- Andy Murray’s Spanish doubles partner named in Wimbledon match-fixing investigation by police - 20 Jun, 2019 @ 09:46
- Death of British teen in Spain who was third to die at same apartment block ‘could have been prevented’ - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 13:38
- OH MY GOGH: Gun Van Gogh ‘killed himself with’ to be auctioned off while southern Spain tour of his work continues - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 12:30
- CASTING CALL: Netflix needs male and female extras in Spain’s Andalucia for new drama series - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 10:57
- POSH: Brits Victoria and David Beckham jet into Spain’s Andalucia for celeb wedding of year catered for by Dani Garcia - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 16:54
- WATCH: Shocking moment bullring volunteer in Spain gored to death in front of 2,000 fans as bull ran back into pen - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 12:52
- Facial recognition cameras installed at Gibraltar Airport - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 11:00
- UK Government denies issuing ‘fresh warning’ of terror threat in Spain - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:34
- UK primary school hires convicted CHILD KILLER from Spain’s Andalucia who stabbed schoolgirl victim 32 times - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:44