AROUND 100 plucky British expats have confirmed they will fly to London this week to take part in a huge Brexit protest.
They are all part of anti-Brexit group Bremain in Spain, whose aim is ‘campaigning for the UK to remain in the EU’.
The ‘Put It To The People’ event on March 23 is expected to be the ‘largest protest march in British history’.
It is organised by the People’s Vote campaign, who said: “Our demand is a simple one: that any Brexit is put to the people so that we can have the final say.”
Bremain in Spain have said that Brexit ‘was sold was a lie, a fantasy, and a pipe-dream.
John Moffett, vice chair of the group, and one of those making the journey, describes the protest as ‘one of the most important marches ever’.
“If Theresa May is allowed to have three meaningful votes when nothing has changed with her proposed deal, then we must demonstrate our commitment to a People’s Vote,” he said.
Sue Wilson, the group’s chair added: “We’ve supported the campaign for another referendum from the start, and we’ve actively campaigned to give the British public another say in this debate.”
The march will take place just six days before the UK is set to leave the EU, on March 29.
Back in October another London march, organised by the People’s Vote campaign, saw 700,000 protestors call for a second referendum in what was the largest demonstration since the Iraq War.
It comes as Theresa May’s Brexit deal could now be voted on for a third time this week, after MPs rejected it last week and also voted against the UK leaving the EU without a deal.
- Spain’s Costa Blanca and Costa del Sol to be hit by FIVE DAYS of rain, flash floods and strong winds - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 11:49
- PICTURED: British dad who died off Gibraltar coast in horror surfing accident was celebrity lawyer for David Walliams and Sex Pistols - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- NEW 25,000 square metre park on Costa del Sol includes slides, wildlife area and sports facilities - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:32
- ‘HE’S A GOOD KID’: Mum of jihadi suspect accused of planning a ‘massacre’ during Sevilla’s Semana Santa speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:10
- BREAKING: British surfer dies off coast of Gibraltar - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:49
- Two arrested in Spain’s Andalucia over violent drug deaths after bodies dumped down well and car burnt out - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:15
- Thunder and rain from TOMORROW on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 16:46
- Spain pig farm robberies see 15 arrests after man stabbed as thieves bid to raid precious metals more expensive than gold - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 12:20
- British expat fuming after chairs and tables don’t fit into ‘tiny’ new terrace Mallorca town hall painted outside her cafe - 14 Apr, 2019 @ 08:03
- Spain footy star Diego Costa handed eight-match ban and €6,000 fine after red card for telling referee,’I s*** on your w**** mother’ - 11 Apr, 2019 @ 19:08