A BRITISH fighter pilot turned property entrepreneur is hoping to save you tens of thousands of euros in estate agency fees when you sell your home.
Spanish Properties Direct, co-founded by former RAF pilot Mark Dean, is a concept new to Spain, but a proven winning formula in neighbouring France where its sister company, French Properties Direct, has been operating successfully since 2014.
After a diverse flying career, Mark now has both feet firmly on the ground and has joined forces with the founder of French Properties Direct, Sue Adams to create Spanish Properties Direct. Using the successful French model, they have created a business which enables private sellers to advertise their Spanish property cost-effectively on leading international websites, as well as the company’s own website.
Enquiries are screened and then passed to the property owner to manage.
Once a sale is agreed the legal process is conducted in the usual manner. The company charges no commission or success fee, but charges an initial fee to cover the work involved in creating and placing the adverts.
This can be as little as €240 to advertise for six months on Zoopla, Prime Location, Rightmove and A Place in the Sun.
As Mark explained: “Vendors get a lot for their money – we create the adverts and place them on the various websites, design a downloadable PDF brochure for every house we advertise and use social media plus targeted e-mail campaigns to maximise the exposure of every property for sale.
“Vendors can also add floorplans, a video of their property and up to 30 photographs to their advert on our website. This is all included in the fee we charge.
“Sellers do not need to be technically minded – they complete a simple questionnaire and send the us photographs of their property. We do the rest. We can even provide a professional photographer if a vendor is not comfortable taking and sending their own digital photographs. “And we are on hand throughout to provide support to our clients should they need it”
For buyer and seller’s peace of mind Spanish Properties Direct is registered with the Association of International Property Professionals.
This is a voluntary body set up to ensure professional standards in an industry which has not always had the best of reputations. It is also affiliated to The Property Ombudsman in the UK. Mark, who moved to Spain as a child, added: “We also work closely with a firm of Spanish lawyers, Perez Legal Group, to ensure that we are compliant with Spanish law and that our clients receive the right advice when they need it.”
Sue Adams, the founder of French Properties Direct has over 25 years’ experience of working in the property industry in France and in the UK. She added: “French Properties Direct has enabled many people to sell privately and save money. We look forward to being able to provide the same service to property sellers in Spain for many years to come.”
Contact Mark to find out more on:
Telephone +34 (0)622 142692
- Out of this world: ‘Green Spaceship’ to dock in Madrid - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:24
- After a five-year period of sustained growth, there is a change in the air in Marbella, reports Diana Morales Properties - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:14
- Rule-breaking Madrid design firm gives grunge office block some colour therapy - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 18:52
- The latest mega-development for Gibraltar has all the signs of being a big hit with investors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 12:43
- Madrid architects take centre stage with their dramatic conversion of a historic playhouse - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:25
- BBQ King: Ingenious pellet stove barbecues are a dream come true for cooking outdoors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:09
- Famous British businessman and Premier League football star flock to new Benahavis development - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:08
- Barcelona Unesco treasure hosts Scottish cancer charity’s first care centre on the continent - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 18:47
- Amazing conversion: how to bring a beautiful old abandoned 18th century townhouse back to life - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:40
- 5 Ideas of Having Fun in Internet - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 09:23