POPULAR Benidorm restaurant The Peppermill has closed down after a lengthy legal battle.
The restaurant was beloved among British expats for its bargain breakfast and Sunday roasts.
But after a tussle with the local council over a live music licence the owners finally admitted defeat.
“It is with deep regret that we are closing The Peppermill at the end of this month,” the owners, Jane and Trevor Knight, wrote on their Facebook page.
They added that because their restaurant was on designated ‘rustic’ land, outside the centre of Benidorm, the council refused to give them the appropriate licence for showing live music.
Venues without proper licences can lose hundreds in police raids, if caught.
The owners added the lack of live music had ‘cost them a lot of business’.
The news comes after the infamous Tiki Beach bar was forced to close in Benidorm, before suddenly reopening last month.
- Georgina Harvey, President of Original Charity Shop and Library in Javea, named in Queen’s Birthday Honours list - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 16:41
- Dutchman donates 3,000kg of organic ‘solidarity potatoes’ to help struggling families in Javea - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 10:03
- WATCH: Plane drops water on Sierra Helada national park as forest fire blazes above Benidorm’s Aqualandia - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 20:06
- WATCH: Brit claim that he ‘slipped’ by pool to recover 37,000 euro hospital bill in Mallorca FAILS after video shows him jumping into a tree - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 15:07
- ‘HE LIKES IT’: Benidorm bar responds to claims that midget stripper advert was a ‘hate crime’ - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 12:12
- BREAKING: First chikungunya outbreak in Spain as three tourists on the Costa Blanca are infected - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Girl of THREE among 79 illegal immigrants intercepted as Guardia Civil arrests Alicante-based trafficking gang - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 13:27
- PICTURED: Romanian woman beheaded on the Costa Blanca as police say arrest ‘imminent’ - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:40
- WATCH: British-run restaurant blocked by ‘two truck loads’ of rubble as neighbour demands 150,000 for strip of land - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 18:36
- Three ‘pirate taxis’ confiscated from illicit drivers at Alicante-Elche Airport - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 17:51