THE family of a British father and son who vanished from the Costa del Sol are set to fly out to Malaga on Sunday to help track them down.
Daniel and Liam Poole have not been heard from since Monday afternoon after arriving in Estepona the day before for a six-day break.
Daniel, 46 and Liam, 22 were reportedly staying at the Valle Romano hotel.
“This is completely out of character for them,” Daniel’s partner Tara Poole told the Olive Press today, “they never have their phones off and always keep in touch, we are so worried.”
Tara is flying out with Liam’s girlfriend on Sunday in a bid to find answers and help from Spanish police.
She last heard from Daniel, who owns a car repair shop in Burgess Hill, at around 6.30pm on Monday.
“It was normal conversation, everything seemed fine,” Tara said.
Their last known whereabouts was at an internet cafe in Estepona, where Liam’s account, which his girlfriend has internet access to, shows they spent around €12.
“We think they bought sim cards there to use their phones for the week.
“We are trying to piece together what happened from there but none of it makes sense.
“We think they might have been caught up in something bad.”
Alan Fenn of Sussex Police said: “This is extremely unusual behaviour from Daniel and Liam. They have been on holiday together before but never have they lost contact with family members.
“We, and their family, are eager to hear from anyone who has made contact with either Daniel or Liam.”
If you have seen the pair or know of there whereabouts contact Sussex police immediately.
Daniel is described as white, 5ft 9in, of a stocky build and has short, grey hair.
Liam is white, 6ft tall, medium-sized and has short, light-brown hair.
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40
- Max Beach will reopen on Spain’s Costa del Sol this week with new look and night time venue planned for summer - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:06
- Bomb threat in Madrid declared false alarm as workers told they can return to work - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 14:16
- Bomb threat sees thousands evacuated from Madrid skyscraper home to British embassy - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 13:49