THE family of a British father and son who vanished from the Costa del Sol are set to fly out to Malaga on Sunday to help track them down.
Daniel and Liam Poole have not been heard from since Monday afternoon after arriving in Estepona the day before for a six-day break.
Daniel, 46 and Liam, 22 were reportedly staying at the Valle Romano hotel.
“This is completely out of character for them,” Daniel’s partner Tara Poole told the Olive Press today, “they never have their phones off and always keep in touch, we are so worried.”
Tara is flying out with Liam’s girlfriend on Sunday in a bid to find answers and help from Spanish police.
She last heard from Daniel, who owns a car repair shop in Burgess Hill, at around 6.30pm on Monday.
“It was normal conversation, everything seemed fine,” Tara said.
Their last known whereabouts was at an internet cafe in Estepona, where Liam’s account, which his girlfriend has internet access to, shows they spent around €12.
“We think they bought sim cards there to use their phones for the week.
“We are trying to piece together what happened from there but none of it makes sense.
“We think they might have been caught up in something bad.”
Alan Fenn of Sussex Police said: “This is extremely unusual behaviour from Daniel and Liam. They have been on holiday together before but never have they lost contact with family members.
“We, and their family, are eager to hear from anyone who has made contact with either Daniel or Liam.”
If you have seen the pair or know of there whereabouts contact Sussex police immediately.
Daniel is described as white, 5ft 9in, of a stocky build and has short, grey hair.
Liam is white, 6ft tall, medium-sized and has short, light-brown hair.
- BREAKING: Reports of Vodafone being down in Spain - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 15:29
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29