THE STAGE has been set for a brand new three day soul music festival on the Costa del Sol.
The aptly named Costa del Soul Festival will run from June 21 to 23 with dozens of top international artists such as Gibson Brother and Marta High & The Soul Cookers.
Entry to all 27 concerts will be free and performances will be held all along the coast including the promenade of Estepona, Plaza de la Mezquita in Benalmadena and the promenade of Rincon de la Victoria.
The deputy mayor of Estepona Pilar Fernández Figares said the free tickets, together with the dates around the night of San Juan, ‘practically guarantees the success of the event and its continuity over time.’
The touring festival has been launched by promoters Costa del Jazz, who have had years of experience running the Festival Open Jazz in Malaga.
The Diputación de Málaga, the Estepona, Benalmadena and Rincon de la Victoria municipalities, Unicaja Banco and hotel associations collaborate in the launch, which aims to become a benchmark event in Europe.
Organisers have said the goal is for the festival to all the municipalities of the Litoral Path in the future.
Figares said: “The goal is for the festival to run through all the municipalities of the Senda Litoral in successive editions, thus serving to increase the cultural offer of the province.”
- UK minister issues summer job prison warning for Brits on Spain holiday island - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- Ex Real Madrid superstar Ronaldo adds to luxury supercar collection with new €850,000 McLaren Senna - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 17:12
- Family of Mallorca climber killed in fall blast authorities in Spain over long wait for news of body - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 16:13
- Former IRA bomber, known as the ‘Angel of Death’ jailed in Spain alongside husband over Costas property scam - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:56
- Young British rock climber dies after falling 60ft in Mallorca - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 18:05
- Spain’s La Liga fined over popular mobile app that spied on illegal match screenings - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 11:48
- NASA images reveal ‘sea of plastic’ - 12 Jun, 2019 @ 13:23
- British surfer drowns in southern Spain after being swept away by strong currents in front of niece - 11 Jun, 2019 @ 18:07
- Brit in Spain takes on Nigel Farage bankroller with 2,000 mile Brexit protest walk from Gibraltar to London - 11 Jun, 2019 @ 15:57
- Search called off for woman who fell overboard on luxury Spain cruise to Mallorca - 11 Jun, 2019 @ 13:00