ATLETICO Madrid player Diego Costa has been slapped with an eight-match ban, following his straight red card for aggressively confronting a referee.
The former Chelsea player was sent off for comments he made to match official Gil Manzano, during his side’s 2-0 LaLiga defeat to Barcelona last weekend.
The Spaniard twice said to the referee: “I s*** on your w**** mother”.
He is also accused of grabbing the referee’s arm to stop him showing a yellow to his teammates Jose Gimenez and Diego Godin.
He has received two four-match bans for each incident, and has also been given a fine of around €6,000.
Barcelona defender Gerard Pique attempted to calm Costa, but the 30-year-old remained angry, and is now expected to appeal the decision.
- Spain’s Costa Blanca and Costa del Sol to be hit by FIVE DAYS of rain, flash floods and strong winds - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 11:49
- PICTURED: British dad who died off Gibraltar coast in horror surfing accident was celebrity lawyer for David Walliams and Sex Pistols - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- NEW 25,000 square metre park on Costa del Sol includes slides, wildlife area and sports facilities - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:32
- ‘HE’S A GOOD KID’: Mum of jihadi suspect accused of planning a ‘massacre’ during Sevilla’s Semana Santa speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:10
- BREAKING: British surfer dies off coast of Gibraltar - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:49
- Two arrested in Spain’s Andalucia over violent drug deaths after bodies dumped down well and car burnt out - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:15
- Thunder and rain from TOMORROW on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 16:46
- Spain pig farm robberies see 15 arrests after man stabbed as thieves bid to raid precious metals more expensive than gold - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 12:20
- British expat fuming after chairs and tables don’t fit into ‘tiny’ new terrace Mallorca town hall painted outside her cafe - 14 Apr, 2019 @ 08:03
- Spain footy star Diego Costa handed eight-match ban and €6,000 fine after red card for telling referee,’I s*** on your w**** mother’ - 11 Apr, 2019 @ 19:08