ATLETICO Madrid player Diego Costa has been slapped with an eight-match ban, following his straight red card for aggressively confronting a referee.
The former Chelsea player was sent off for comments he made to match official Gil Manzano, during his side’s 2-0 LaLiga defeat to Barcelona last weekend.
The Spaniard twice said to the referee: “I s*** on your w**** mother”.
He is also accused of grabbing the referee’s arm to stop him showing a yellow to his teammates Jose Gimenez and Diego Godin.
He has received two four-match bans for each incident, and has also been given a fine of around €6,000.
Barcelona defender Gerard Pique attempted to calm Costa, but the 30-year-old remained angry, and is now expected to appeal the decision.
- UK Government denies issuing ‘fresh warning’ of terror threat in Spain - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:34
- UK primary school hires convicted CHILD KILLER from Spain’s Andalucia who stabbed schoolgirl victim 32 times - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:44
- REVEALED: These countries made the most asylum applications to Spain so far this year - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:20
- PALM BEACH: The curious pop history of the Costa del Sol’s most famous chiringuito freshly refurbished for summer - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 11:00
- Knifeman attacks and robs retired British expat at his own home in Spain’s Andalucia leaving him hospitalised - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:09
- Hospitalised British cyclist Chris Froome could be awarded 2011 Vuelta a Espana title after Spanish champion caught doping - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:32
- Europe’s largest Lego exhibition arrives on Costa del Sol with models of Disney, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Avengers and more - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 13:38
- ‘NEVER SEEN BEFORE’: Gibraltar police amazed at attempt by three men to smuggle 1.5 tonnes of hash worth £6 million - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 11:20
- Mum on holiday in Spain kills only son by accidentally running him over in car park - 12 Jun, 2019 @ 13:40
- REVEALED: Two NEW skyscrapers will be tallest on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 12 Jun, 2019 @ 12:48