AN expat has been made homeless after his British tenant refused to move out and allegedly ‘threatened to kill him’ if he returned.
Patrick O’Loughlin, 72, is appealing for help after being forced to sleep rough after finding himself unable to afford the cost of a hotel.
The British pensioner, from London, has been dossing down on benches at train stations and Malaga airport.
Despite having evidence that he owns the property, the Londoner says he has had little help from the cops and that his case is making its way too slowly through the courts.
“My wife left me that home when she died eight years ago and I can prove it,” O’Loughlin – who suffers from high blood pressure – told the Olive Press.
“My tenant agreed to move out in February but she is still there and now there is a huge man living in my bedroom and they won’t leave.
“They both owe me at least €1,500 in rent.”
O’Loughlin said when he calls police to the home in Fuengirola, his tenant, a British woman, manages to ‘sweet talk’ the cops with her fluent Spanish.
He also believes the tenant – who the Olive Press exposed several years ago in a furniture scam – has used his bank account to pay for the internet and other items.
“She has totally conned me,” the father-of-one continued.
“She under-paid her first month’s rent and asked me for my bank details to pay me the rest.
“Stupidly I gave her them because I trusted her, and now there’s a string of strange charges on my account.”
The Olive Press has seen bank statements which appear to back up O’Loughlin’s claims.
The expat, who has lived in Spain for decades, has asked Olive Press readers for help.
“If anyone can offer me a place to stay for a few days or can offer any legal aid it would be brilliant, I need all the help I can get to get. I just want them gone.”
O’Loughlin’s son, who asked not to be named, showed messages to this paper, from the tenant, threatening to kill his dad if he tried to enter his home again.
The Olive Press visited the property this week but the tenant was not available to comment.
Email [email protected] if you can help.
- British pensioner praises Spanish local for handing him €400 he unwittingly left in cash machine on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 15:30
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52