La @policia trabaja en estos momentos en Madrid en el rascacielos Torrespacio, que está siendo desalojado por motivos de seguridad.
Por favor, que cualquier persona en el interior del edificio o las inmediaciones siga las indicaciones del personal de seguridad pic.twitter.com/1MlDhkGKny
— Policía Nacional (@policia) April 16, 2019
POLICIA Nacional is continuing its evacuation of the Torrespacio skyscraper in Madrid following a bomb threat.
The tower, which houses the Australian, UK and Canadian embassies, is one of the four towers of the Paseo de la Castellana.
Firefighters, National and Municipal Police and paramedics are on the scene as workers are being rushed out.
The alarm was first raised at 12.25pm and reports allege the threat was made specifically against the Australian embassy.
Torrespacio is the fourth tallest skyscraper in Spain and the twenty-fourth in Europe.
Its height amounts to 235 meters, consisting of 57 floors.
It also has six levels of parking and more than 1,270 parking spaces.
- British pensioner praises Spanish local for handing him €400 he unwittingly left in cash machine on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 15:30
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52