POLICE have fully evacuated a Madrid skyscraper following a bomb threat this afternoon.
An estimated 2,000 employees have vacated the Torrespacio tower after the threat was reportedly made against the Australian embassy at around 12pm today.
According to ABC news, the workers have all gathered outside the tower on Parque Norte while authorities have initiated bomb threat protocols.
The building, which also houses the UK, Canada and Netherlands embassies, is one of the four towers of the Paseo de la Castellana.
Firefighters, National and Municipal Police and paramedics are remaining on the scene after workers were successfully rushed out.
Firefighters are meeting with security teams at the building while trying to establish if the threat is credible.
Torrespacio is the fourth tallest skyscraper in Spain and the twenty-fourth in Europe.
Its height amounts to 235 meters, consisting of 57 floors.
It also has six levels of parking and more than 1,270 parking spaces.
More to follow…
- BREAKING: Reports of Vodafone being down in Spain - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 15:29
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29