A BRITISH father, visiting his daughter in Gibraltar, has died following a surfing accident this morning.
Arthur Timothy Lawson–Cruttenden, 64, was body surfing off East Side before Traffic officers pulled him out of the sea near Catalan Bay.
The British national, who is an ex-triathlete is believed to have encountered rough seas earlier this morning.
Attempts were made to revive him, by the GHA Ambulance Service and St Bernard’s Hospital staff, but he could not be saved.
A spokesperson from the RGP told the Olive Press that the family are now ‘grieving’.
A statement issued by the RGP read: “The RGP wishes to convey to Mr Lawson’s family and friends its most sincere condolences for their loss.”
A coroner’s enquiry has begun.
- WATCH: Spain’s Women’s World Cup dreams end as two penalties hand USA 2-1 victory in France - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 12:32
- This is the ONLY beach in Spain included in the world top 10 - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 11:15
- Two men arrested over sexual assault of young woman who was enjoying Costa del Sol San Juan celebrations - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 08:59
- Costa del Sol to see 10% increase in employment this summer compared to 2018 - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 14:09
- Bin torching epidemic continues in Spain’s Mallorca as police arrest ANOTHER arsonist while damage totals €370,000 - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 13:07
- ‘Heartbroken’ family pay tribute to Irish dad stabbed to death with broken bottles in Costa del Sol pub - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 12:02
- Spanish golfers Garcia and Rahm joined by wealth of British stars at Andalucia Masters on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 23 Jun, 2019 @ 10:30
- RING ROADS AND RUINS: Junta de Andalucia funding motorways, flamenco and sewage in NEW budgets - 23 Jun, 2019 @ 10:00
- OPINION: The news that a British boy’s death in Mallorca ‘could have been prevented’ is both shocking and sad - 21 Jun, 2019 @ 17:12
- British expat arrested after Irishman stabbed to death ‘while urinating’ in pub on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 21 Jun, 2019 @ 13:53