AN alleged jihadist has been arrested for allegedly planning a ‘massacre’ at a Semana Santa parade in Andalucia.
The unnamed Moroccan was cuffed by an anti-terrorist operation in Morocco after reportedly plotting to carry out an attack in the Andalucian capital.
Policia Nacional, who ran the joint operation with police in Morocco, are raiding his home as the investigation develops.
It comes after Spain’s interior ministry agreed to ramp up security efforts last week.
More resources were given to anti-terrorism cops while extra numbers have been called in to monitor the Easter parades.
Each major city in the country is receiving additional and catered security measures.
These mainly include extra numbers at transport hubs, religious monuments and at events with a large amounts of people.
Sevilla’s Semana Santa is one of the most attended religious events in the world with well over one million joining the parades.
- BREAKING: Reports of Vodafone being down in Spain - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 15:29
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29