SPANISH airport handlers have confirmed plans for a mass walkout over the upcoming Easter weekend.
The strike action by 60,000 staff will affect all airports in the country and could cause delays, and even cancellations, for millions of travellers.
The four-day walkout over pay and working conditions is expected to start on Easter Sunday and could continue until Wednesday, April 24
Nearly 5 million travellers on 32,500 flights are scheduled to pass through Spanish airports over the holiday weekend,
An easyJet spokesperson told the Evening Standard: “Due to ground handling strike action taking place in Spanish airports from 21st to 24th April, easyJet, like all airlines, is expecting some disruption to its flying programme.”
All passengers flying to and from Spain should check with their flight operator.
- OPINION: Authorities in Alicante must make property developers follow safety rules without harming the promising market - 26 May, 2019 @ 14:15
- OPINION: Accusing a Benidorm bar of a ‘hate crime’ for renting out a midget is political correctness gone mad - 26 May, 2019 @ 10:45
- A PUT-DOWN A DAY: New Spanish book praises ‘therapeutic’ quality of insulting - 26 May, 2019 @ 10:30
- Pablo Escobar’s estranged British-educated son signs ‘extraordinary’ book deal in Mallorca - 25 May, 2019 @ 12:30
- GHOSTA BLANCA: Illegal art exhibition takes over one of Spain’s most haunted buildings - 24 May, 2019 @ 13:49
- Expat pensioners assaulted as luxury apartment block is ‘mobbed’ by squatters on Spain’s Costa Blanca - 24 May, 2019 @ 10:44
- Tourist dies after being hit by bus in Benidorm - 22 May, 2019 @ 01:18
- WATCH: Roads become rivers as hailstorm hits the Costa Blanca - 21 May, 2019 @ 22:41
- ANOTHER British holidaymaker scammed as Spanish villa rental companies use SAME website under different names - 20 May, 2019 @ 15:14
- Benidorm pub SLAMMED for renting out midget - 17 May, 2019 @ 13:29