A British pensioner has had his €35,000 Rolex stolen after being followed for over an hour from Calpe to Moraira.
Ronald Johnson, 72, was leaving a clinic in Calpe when a woman knocked on his car window asking for the time.
Johnson noticed the ‘eastern European’ woman eyeing his watch, a Rolex GMT-Master, which she grappled from his wrist an hour and a half later, and 15km away, in a Moraira garden.
“She got in a car behind me after asking for the time, which I thought was very strange,” Johnson told the Olive Press.
He then drove to Moraira to spend an hour in a bar, before travelling to a house he was looking after for a friend.
He entered the property and was closing the ‘slow gate’ when the same woman slipped in, trapping herself in the garden.
“She became very aggressive,” Johnson added, saying he ‘fought her off’ for ‘five minutes’ before she ran off with his timepiece.
Johnson purchased his watch 50 years ago with his ‘first paycheck’ alongside four close friends—all of whom have since had them stolen.
He praised the Guardia Civil’s efforts, saying they have brought him in for identity parades, and have been working undercover to locate the still-at-large criminals.
- OPINION: Authorities in Alicante must make property developers follow safety rules without harming the promising market - 26 May, 2019 @ 14:15
- OPINION: Accusing a Benidorm bar of a ‘hate crime’ for renting out a midget is political correctness gone mad - 26 May, 2019 @ 10:45
- A PUT-DOWN A DAY: New Spanish book praises ‘therapeutic’ quality of insulting - 26 May, 2019 @ 10:30
- Pablo Escobar’s estranged British-educated son signs ‘extraordinary’ book deal in Mallorca - 25 May, 2019 @ 12:30
- GHOSTA BLANCA: Illegal art exhibition takes over one of Spain’s most haunted buildings - 24 May, 2019 @ 13:49
- Expat pensioners assaulted as luxury apartment block is ‘mobbed’ by squatters on Spain’s Costa Blanca - 24 May, 2019 @ 10:44
- Tourist dies after being hit by bus in Benidorm - 22 May, 2019 @ 01:18
- WATCH: Roads become rivers as hailstorm hits the Costa Blanca - 21 May, 2019 @ 22:41
- ANOTHER British holidaymaker scammed as Spanish villa rental companies use SAME website under different names - 20 May, 2019 @ 15:14
- Benidorm pub SLAMMED for renting out midget - 17 May, 2019 @ 13:29