A HUGE apartment block is set to grace the new entrance to Gibraltar.
The E1 tower, on Devil’s Tower Road, will be one of the tallest buildings on the Rock.
“No-one knows what is going to happen with Brexit so we need the beds inside Gibraltar,” developer Peter Cabezutto told the Olive Press.
The area will become the new entrance to Gib once a new tunnel under the runway is finally completed.
“It used to be a mainly industrial area but now it will be more residential,” added Cabezutto.
The block of flats will take two-and-a-half years to complete and more than a year’s work has already gone into ensuring it will not be affected by rockfalls.
E1 – which will have a pool and spa – is Cabezutto’s third building following the Luxurious Clemence Suites (named after his mother) and The Hub.
“There is still space for more construction in Gibraltar which is an important motor of the economy,” he added.
“There is not as much as before because everything that goes up means less area for expansion.
“Obviously the government wants to develop the eastside reclamation but they need an investor that wants to put in a lot of money.
“Before that happens Devil’s Tower Road needs to be improved which is what is happening now.”
- Lib Dem leader Vince Cable issues stark Brexit warning for Gibraltar in EXCLUSIVE Olive Press interview - 26 May, 2019 @ 11:00
- Vince Cable says Brexit will ‘really hurt’ Gibraltar while Rachel Johnson calls for Article 50 to be revoked - 22 May, 2019 @ 12:15
- WATCH: Claims of cover-up after year-old footage leaks of near fatal disaster at Gibraltar’s dry dock - 14 May, 2019 @ 16:08
- Huge apartment block will be one of Gibraltar’s tallest buildings and sit at new entrance to the Rock - 28 Apr, 2019 @ 12:31
- SIR JOE BOSSANO: Spain’s far-right Vox party spells trouble for Gibraltar border - 25 Apr, 2019 @ 11:30
- Gibraltar slain by solid Estonians and strong easterly winds - 26 Mar, 2019 @ 23:16
- Irish ride their luck against stubborn Gibraltar side and gale-force winds - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 20:32
- Footballing giantkiller believes home advantage and lady luck could help Gibraltar give the Irish a fright on Saturday - 21 Mar, 2019 @ 01:46
- Gibraltar compared to Iran and Qatar for lack of women in government - 15 Mar, 2019 @ 11:30
- ‘MORALLY INDEFENSIBLE’: Gibraltar should have abortion that is ‘safe, free and legal’, say UK experts - 8 Mar, 2019 @ 16:39