A NEW green zone of 20,000 square meters has been completed on the Costa del Sol.
The area, split into two, features two playgrounds, an oasis of palm trees, urban furniture, a meadow and pine and oak trees.
Located on the edge of Estepona, the outdoor space connects the areas of Bel-Air and Cancelada via a new 130-metre road.
The route from Calle Retama de Cancelada to Avenida de Bel-Air will be lit up by rows of new street lighting.
Costing €463,000, this latest public work has been completed by Estepona Town Hall.
Councillor for Development and Infrastructure, Ana Velasco, said the project was well-suited to an area ‘with a high population density’
It comes after the Town Hall revealed it had spent €100 million on public works in the last eight years.
- Sea and air search launched for British diver and ex-soldier, 70, who vanished while diving in southern Spain - 24 May, 2019 @ 13:18
- British expat and dementia sufferer, 83, found dead on Spain’s Costa del Sol after four days missing - 24 May, 2019 @ 12:22
- GSD blasts Bet365’s Brexit move to shift Gibraltar operations to Malta as over 500 staff could be relocated - 24 May, 2019 @ 11:47
- Bet365 to relocate 1,000 staff from Gibraltar office to Malta in HUGE €70 million move over Brexit fears - 23 May, 2019 @ 17:53
- Largest ever cocaine haul made in Spain’s Sevilla as 1000 kilos of the drug smuggled in banana truck - 23 May, 2019 @ 16:03
- ‘HUMOUR HAS NO LIMITS’: Man in Spain defends his jokes about little Julen who died down well - 23 May, 2019 @ 12:37
- Spain’s Julio Iglesias is ‘willing’ to do DNA test to find out if Spanish lovechild is really his - 22 May, 2019 @ 18:18
- Police arrest 30 in Costa del Sol gigalo ring that lured young men with FAKE escort jobs, netting ringleaders €700,000 - 22 May, 2019 @ 15:33
- Sexism row in Spain as female squash champions handed sex toys as prizes - 22 May, 2019 @ 13:50
- Jamie Oliver’s empire goes into administration with 1,000 job losses just a week after new Costa del Sol restaurant - 21 May, 2019 @ 21:18