A NEW green zone of 20,000 square meters has been completed on the Costa del Sol.
The area, split into two, features two playgrounds, an oasis of palm trees, urban furniture, a meadow and pine and oak trees.
Located on the edge of Estepona, the outdoor space connects the areas of Bel-Air and Cancelada via a new 130-metre road.
The route from Calle Retama de Cancelada to Avenida de Bel-Air will be lit up by rows of new street lighting.
Costing €463,000, this latest public work has been completed by Estepona Town Hall.
Councillor for Development and Infrastructure, Ana Velasco, said the project was well-suited to an area ‘with a high population density’
It comes after the Town Hall revealed it had spent €100 million on public works in the last eight years.
- Gibraltar Chief Minister Picardo meets outgoing UK Prime Minister Theresa May to discuss Iran crisis and Brexit - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 19:35
- Blood-soaked man arrested after allegedly stabbing dad to death before taking bus to hotel on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 19:08
- Open date REVEALED for ‘deliberately torched’ Marbella chiringuito originally opened by Eva Longoria - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 17:28
- REVEALED: 10 new UK to Spain flights run by airline Alba Star announced - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 13:40
- Rick Astley joins Enrique Iglesias, Take That, Mel C and Liam Gallagher at Gibraltar Calling festival THIS SUMMER - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 13:00
- Woman held on suspicion of bludgeoning her sleeping dad to death and knifing mum in back on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 11:55
- American football star caught jumping over bulls at Spain’s San Fermin as veterans SLAM festival as ‘TOO SAFE’ - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:30
- Young woman arrested after ‘stabbing man in face with fork’ in Gibraltar’s Ocean Village - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:02
- Spanish man arrested over rape of British teenage girl in park in Spain - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 08:53
- Rock climber drowns in front of daughter after 30-metre plunge into sea near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 08:16