PORTO’S Spanish goalkeeper Iker Casillas has been rushed to hospital after suffering a heart attack during a training session.
The Real Madrid legend was taken to Hospital CUF Porto to be treated and is said to be in a stable condition.
“Iker Casillas suffered an acute myocardial infarction during Wednesday morning’s training session held at the PortoGaia Training Center in Olival,” said a Porto FC spokesperson.
The Madrid born international debuted for Real Madrid as a teenager 20 years ago and went on to play 700 games for Los Blancos, winning five La Liga titles.
His club said: “Casillas is well, stable and his heart problem is solved.”
- AND THEY’RE OFF: Expats across Spain head to the polls - 26 May, 2019 @ 15:34
- OPINION: The shock verdict that sees Westley Capper and Craig Porter ‘walk free’ is an insult to Agnese Klavina’s family - 25 May, 2019 @ 13:00
- ISIS video threatens tourists in Spain after death of British ‘punk rock jihadi’ - 24 May, 2019 @ 14:45
- ‘I HAVE DONE MY BEST’: Tearful Theresa May resigns as UK Prime Minister - 24 May, 2019 @ 11:57
- British woman dies on UK-bound flight at Mallorca airport moments before take-off - 23 May, 2019 @ 11:29
- Judge allows convicted British criminal to go on Spain holiday after taser and cocaine bust - 22 May, 2019 @ 16:56
- Mystery buzzing leads couple in southern Spain to 80,000 bees in their bedroom wall - 21 May, 2019 @ 10:58
- British toddler badly hurt in cliff fall after ‘slipping from mother’s arms’ at Mallorca beach - 20 May, 2019 @ 11:38
- British holidaymaker drowns off Costa del Sol while swimming at popular expat beach - 17 May, 2019 @ 11:44
- British father fights for life in Spain after fall onto Costa del Sol motorway - 17 May, 2019 @ 11:11