A PASSENGER ferry has killed a sperm whale during a routine trip between Palma, Mallorca, and Valencia.
The giant whale was only discovered when the Transmediterranea ship docked at the Poniente Quay in the Port of Valencia at 7.45pm last Saturday.
Port workers called the Emergency Control Centre after seeing the cetacean encrusted to the front of the large passenger, which did not even know the animal was there due to the ‘size of the ship and engine noise’.
Port police rushed to rescue the sperm whale, but it had sunk in the port and a group of divers was called in the following morning to extract the body.
Crew admitted to ‘knowing nothing’ about the creature.
- OPINION: Authorities in Alicante must make property developers follow safety rules without harming the promising market - 26 May, 2019 @ 14:15
- OPINION: Accusing a Benidorm bar of a ‘hate crime’ for renting out a midget is political correctness gone mad - 26 May, 2019 @ 10:45
- A PUT-DOWN A DAY: New Spanish book praises ‘therapeutic’ quality of insulting - 26 May, 2019 @ 10:30
- Pablo Escobar’s estranged British-educated son signs ‘extraordinary’ book deal in Mallorca - 25 May, 2019 @ 12:30
- GHOSTA BLANCA: Illegal art exhibition takes over one of Spain’s most haunted buildings - 24 May, 2019 @ 13:49
- Expat pensioners assaulted as luxury apartment block is ‘mobbed’ by squatters on Spain’s Costa Blanca - 24 May, 2019 @ 10:44
- Tourist dies after being hit by bus in Benidorm - 22 May, 2019 @ 01:18
- WATCH: Roads become rivers as hailstorm hits the Costa Blanca - 21 May, 2019 @ 22:41
- ANOTHER British holidaymaker scammed as Spanish villa rental companies use SAME website under different names - 20 May, 2019 @ 15:14
- Benidorm pub SLAMMED for renting out midget - 17 May, 2019 @ 13:29