AN exclusive five-star hotel in Marbella has said it is hiring 300 staff before it opens next year.
The Club Med group are set to open the Club Med Magna Marbella hotel on the site of the former Hotel Don Miguel in March 2020.
Around 200 workers are needed for front of house jobs, including waiters, bartenders and sommeliers, as well as personal trainers and entertainers.
Another 100 staff are being taken on as technicians, kitchen and laundry workers.
The new €70 million hotel will feature 350 rooms, a spa, three swimming pools, two gourmet restaurants and a wide range of sports facilities.
Those looking for jobs can visit www.clubmedjobs.com.
“The seasonal jobs offered by Club Med are a great opportunity for qualified experts, but also provide positions that do not require any specialty,” the group said.
It added that its ideal age of staff is between 18 and 35, and said that ‘millennials’ have the perfect characteristics.
The group organises ‘job dating’ as part of the recruitment process, via YouTube.
It also refers to its front of house staff as ‘friendly organisers’ and those behind the scenes as ‘friendly employees’.
The hotel chain has a low staff turnover rate, with 70% of workers staying from one season to the next, with an average length of eight seasons.
- ‘Greedy’ landowner sells expats’ animal refuge land near Costa del Sol meaning 800 animals could be killed - 20 Jul, 2019 @ 10:02
- OPINION: Is it any wonder racism flourishes in Spain, when a teacher of all people, feels she can call black men ‘monkeys’? - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 18:44
- SHOEDUNIT: Man cuffed in Spain’s Andalucia after hiding kilo of hash in trainers - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 14:58
- Spain’s FIRST boutique hotel with craft beer microbrewery opens on Costa del Sol - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 13:25
- Gibraltar Chief Minister Fabian Picardo meets Boris Johnson and Jeremy Hunt for Brexit and Iran crunch talks - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:49
- British cyclist Chris Froome awarded 2011 Vuelta a Espana after Spanish champion stripped of title over doping - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:08
- Ex-soldier shoots wife dead with rifle from terrace before killing himself outside ex-wife’s home in Spain’s Andalucia - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 16:22
- IS IT YOURS?: Police in Spain’s Andalucia search for owner of €400 found in hotel - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 11:44
- Over 1 million people in Spain sign petitions supporting euthanasia, to be put before Government on Friday - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 00:00
- Gibraltar Chief Minister Picardo meets outgoing UK Prime Minister Theresa May to discuss Iran crisis and Brexit - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 19:35