POLICE have hauled 14 ‘drunken’ Brits off a Jet2 flight which touched down in Spain.
Guardia Civil officers at Palma Airport in Mallorca waited for the men who were travelling from Edinburgh.
The incident occurred yesterday at around 10am, with Diario de Mallorca reporting that there were about a dozen police cars engaged in the ‘spectacular operation’.
No arrests were made but the men were processed by officers for a report for the Spanish Aviation Safety and Security Agency (AESA).
The passengers were apparently walking in the aisles when the seat belt signs were on, and refused to obey the orders of staff.
They may now face fines of up to €585,000 for a ‘very serious’ breach of safety laws.
A police spokesperson said: “The tourists were not arrested but they were identified and have been reported to the Spanish Aviation Safety and Security Agency.”
A source added that the group of ‘drunken holidaymakers’ needed to be removed so the situation ‘didn’t get any worse’, as reported by the Mirror.
It was Jet2 that made the decision to call the cops to deal with what its spokesperson called ‘disorderly’ passengers.
- WATCH: Shocking moment bullring volunteer in Spain gored to death in front of 2,000 fans as bull ran back into pen - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 12:52
- Facial recognition cameras installed at Gibraltar Airport - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 11:00
- UK Government denies issuing ‘fresh warning’ of terror threat in Spain - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:34
- UK primary school hires convicted CHILD KILLER from Spain’s Andalucia who stabbed schoolgirl victim 32 times - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:44
- REVEALED: These countries made the most asylum applications to Spain so far this year - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:20
- PALM BEACH: The curious pop history of the Costa del Sol’s most famous chiringuito freshly refurbished for summer - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 11:00
- Knifeman attacks and robs retired British expat at his own home in Spain’s Andalucia leaving him hospitalised - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:09
- Hospitalised British cyclist Chris Froome could be awarded 2011 Vuelta a Espana title after Spanish champion caught doping - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:32
- Europe’s largest Lego exhibition arrives on Costa del Sol with models of Disney, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Avengers and more - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 13:38
- ‘NEVER SEEN BEFORE’: Gibraltar police amazed at attempt by three men to smuggle 1.5 tonnes of hash worth £6 million - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 11:20