A BRITISH expat has revealed the heartbreaking moment an adorable puppy was tied to the gate of her home late at night.
Sarah was forced to take in the brown Labrador after finding it yelping on her property with a note attached to its collar.
“Please take care of my dog,” the note reads, “he is two and a half months old and has all the injections apart from for rabies and he has a chip.
“I know that you have a dog and I see you walking it all the time…I don’t have time to look after him and I can’t afford to put it in a refuge.”
Sarah, who asked to conceal her surname to prevent more dogs being left at her home in the Cadiz region, immediately took in the pup and launched an appeal online.
“Last night roughly 9pm a puppy was tied to our gate with a note asking us to look after him,” she wrote.
“Fast forward 12 hours and the kids have named him, slept with him and are demanding he stays.
“This isn’t about finding who left him, I am glad that you did but we can not keep him and I won’t be persuaded. I’ve enough animals no room at the Inn.
“He is 2.5 months old, now called Reggie, has had first jabs, has the beginnings of toilet training so indicating to go out. Very friendly and licky, cute too.”
Luckily Sarah was able to rehome the puppy, now named Oscar, within hours.
“I think the original owner did the right thing,” she told the Olive Press, “at least he did not abandon it.
“Oscar is now totally settled in with his new family and is living the life of Riley.
“But if you are thinking of getting a dog, really sit down and make sure you can afford it and that you have the time to look after it and give it a loving home.”
- BREAKING: Reports of Vodafone being down in Spain - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 15:29
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29