A MISSING Liverpool fan is among those arrested in Champions League final celebrations in Madrid, the Spanish press has reported.
A search was launched for Macauley Negus, 23, from Plymouth, who went missing near Liverpool’s fan zone.
- WATCH: ‘Drunken’ English fans scrap in water in Gibraltar ahead of Champions League clash
- Liverpool claim sixth Champions League title with 2-0 victory over Tottenham in Madrid
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success
He was last seen at 10:30pm in the Goya area of the city on Saturday night, and was declared ‘missing’.
His family launched social media appeals after he was due to travel back to the UK with them today, catching the 3pm ferry back to Plymouth from Roscoff.
However, an article by TeleMadrid this morning, claims Macauley is ‘among those arrested by the police, Telemadrid has learned’.
It is unclear if his family is aware of the reporting of his arrest.
He was last spotted in a white top, white shorts and white trainers, and has lost his phone, meaning its signal can’t be traced.
His older brother Ashley posted his picture on Twitter with the caption: ‘Lads please retweet this get him to contact me please’.
In another post today he said: “Still not found but have a strong leaved can’t confirm anything yet please keep sharing just in case thank you for your support I owe my life to you all.”
Macauley’s sister-in-law also posted on Instagram: ‘Missing in Madrid!!! Macauley Negus last seen Saturday 1st June in Madrid! He’s my brother in law! Please If you have any information or know anything please contact me’.
The young Reds fan had gone to Madrid to soak up the party atmosphere, before vanishing.
If you have seen Macauley you can contact the family here or ring Ashley Negus on 07788 265920.
- UK Government denies issuing ‘fresh warning’ of terror threat in Spain - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:34
- UK primary school hires convicted CHILD KILLER from Spain’s Andalucia who stabbed schoolgirl victim 32 times - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:44
- REVEALED: These countries made the most asylum applications to Spain so far this year - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:20
- PALM BEACH: The curious pop history of the Costa del Sol’s most famous chiringuito freshly refurbished for summer - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 11:00
- Knifeman attacks and robs retired British expat at his own home in Spain’s Andalucia leaving him hospitalised - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:09
- Hospitalised British cyclist Chris Froome could be awarded 2011 Vuelta a Espana title after Spanish champion caught doping - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:32
- Europe’s largest Lego exhibition arrives on Costa del Sol with models of Disney, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Avengers and more - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 13:38
- ‘NEVER SEEN BEFORE’: Gibraltar police amazed at attempt by three men to smuggle 1.5 tonnes of hash worth £6 million - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 11:20
- Mum on holiday in Spain kills only son by accidentally running him over in car park - 12 Jun, 2019 @ 13:40
- REVEALED: Two NEW skyscrapers will be tallest on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 12 Jun, 2019 @ 12:48