SPAIN’S Policia Nacional have unveiled their new high-tech vehicles which will make catching criminals that much easier.
The new Toyota Prius + cars have been specially equipped with three state-of-the-art cameras, capable of checking 400 license plates against the stolen database per minute.
The first batch of 10 will be sent to Madrid, Sevilla, Valencia, Zaragoza, Malaga, Palma de Mallorca and Vigo this week, with 152 to be rolled out by 2020.
Branded as Zetas, the vehicles are packed full of technology which allows them to act as ‘mobile police stations’.
This includes a built-in fingerprint reader which will check if a suspect is on the wanted database or if they are known to police with a record.
It can also analyse IDs and passports.
A 10-inch screen also allows police to consult with headquarters and access data while on the move.
The three cameras, meanwhile, will constantly capture images and video, with sound, which will be stored for 30 days.
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Young paedo groomed at least 10 children across Spain’s Alicante, Andalucia and Valencia and paid them for explicit images while posing as underage girl online - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:26