A MUM on holiday in Spain has killed her only son by accidentally running him over in a car park.
The three-year-old died after being hit by his mother as she pulled out of a parking space and failed to spot him.
The tragedy unfolded in the north-eastern city of Montblanc on Sunday at around 7pm.
The woman, from Huesca, had been holidaying with her husband and another couple in Salou.
After the other couple’s car broke down and was being towed, the mum offered to move her vehicle, an SUV.
The woman, known as G.D.C., then struck her child with the car, leaving him unconscious with serious injuries.
He was then rushed by his parents from the Sant Miquel car park to a nearby medical centre, but doctors could not save the tot’s life.
The council of Montblanc, where the Spanish family had decided to enjoy a pit stop has declared three days of mourning, flying flags at half mast.
An investigation into the incident is ongoing and the family are expected to make a statement soon.
- Facial recognition cameras installed at Gibraltar Airport - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 11:00
- UK Government denies issuing ‘fresh warning’ of terror threat in Spain - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:34
- UK primary school hires convicted CHILD KILLER from Spain’s Andalucia who stabbed schoolgirl victim 32 times - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:44
- REVEALED: These countries made the most asylum applications to Spain so far this year - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:20
- PALM BEACH: The curious pop history of the Costa del Sol’s most famous chiringuito freshly refurbished for summer - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 11:00
- Knifeman attacks and robs retired British expat at his own home in Spain’s Andalucia leaving him hospitalised - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:09
- Hospitalised British cyclist Chris Froome could be awarded 2011 Vuelta a Espana title after Spanish champion caught doping - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:32
- Europe’s largest Lego exhibition arrives on Costa del Sol with models of Disney, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Avengers and more - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 13:38
- ‘NEVER SEEN BEFORE’: Gibraltar police amazed at attempt by three men to smuggle 1.5 tonnes of hash worth £6 million - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 11:20
- Mum on holiday in Spain kills only son by accidentally running him over in car park - 12 Jun, 2019 @ 13:40