TWO brothers have been arrested after trying to nick 11 champagne bottles from a supermarket.
The Romanian pair, aged 41 and 42, attempted to hide the bottles in a cycling suit worn by one of the men under a jacket.
The men thought they had gotten away with it after removing the security tags from each bottle before stuffing them down the cycling top while in a hypermarket in Fuengirola at around 2.30pm on June 12.
However they were being watched all along on video surveillance cameras by security guards.
One of the brothers was seen removing the alarm tags from the bottles – collectively worth €400 – by using a large magnet and a sharp object.
He then placed them in a trolley being pushed by his sibling, who was then seen stuffing them down his top.
Policia Nacional arrested the pair on site after being alerted by the guards.
- BREAKING: Reports of Vodafone being down in Spain - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 15:29
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29