THE biggest wedding of 2019 was a who’s who of Spanish football, complete with a Michelin quality menu.
Around 500 guests then celebrated with the newlyweds at a €500,000 reception on Ramos’s nearby La Alegria farm.
Rubio donned a €30,000 Zuhair Murad, V-neck, jewel-encrusted gown, with full train, which was previously worn by model, Heidi Klum at Cannes Film Festival.
Victoria Beckham, 45, made the biggest fashion splash, pairing her own chain link print dress with fuchsia pink high heels – a colour apparently banned from the wedding.
Her husband and former Los Blancos star David Beckham, 44, was himself joined by footballing royalty, including Luka Modric, Santi Cazorla, Alvaro Morata, and even Roberto Carlos.
The biggest snub was former Galacticos pal Cristiano Ronaldo, who instead jetted off to Greece for a family holiday, after failing to bag an invite.
Other notable absences included Real boss, Zinedine Zidane, who was in Bilbao, and Barcelona defender, Gerard Pique and his wife Shakira.
Those who did turn up were treated to a five-course masterclass from three-Michelin-star Marbella chef Dani Garcia.
First up was salted lobster with mimosas and avocado, followed by spaghetti with truffled beef stew, and a third dish, ‘monkfish Dani Garcia-style’.
A kobe burger with togarashi chips rounded off the mains before diners tucked into ‘Frescor Andalusi’, a signature Garcia dessert, flavoured with tea, orange blossom, mint and pistachio.
Revellers washed it all down with plenty of Don Perignon champagne and €200-a-bottle Ribera del Duero from Bodegas Emilio Moro.
Soundtracking the day were band Ketama, Flamenco singer Niña Pastori, DJ Gianluca Vacchi and 17-time Latin Grammy Award-winner, who appeared via videolink.
- OPINION: Is it any wonder racism flourishes in Spain, when a teacher of all people, feels she can call black men ‘monkeys’? - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 18:44
- SHOEDUNIT: Man cuffed in Spain’s Andalucia after hiding kilo of hash in trainers - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 14:58
- Spain’s FIRST boutique hotel with craft beer microbrewery opens on Costa del Sol - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 13:25
- Gibraltar Chief Minister Fabian Picardo meets Boris Johnson and Jeremy Hunt for Brexit and Iran crunch talks - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:49
- British cyclist Chris Froome awarded 2011 Vuelta a Espana after Spanish champion stripped of title over doping - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:08
- Ex-soldier shoots wife dead with rifle from terrace before killing himself outside ex-wife’s home in Spain’s Andalucia - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 16:22
- IS IT YOURS?: Police in Spain’s Andalucia search for owner of €400 found in hotel - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 11:44
- Over 1 million people in Spain sign petitions supporting euthanasia, to be put before Government on Friday - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 00:00
- Gibraltar Chief Minister Picardo meets outgoing UK Prime Minister Theresa May to discuss Iran crisis and Brexit - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 19:35
- Blood-soaked man arrested after allegedly stabbing dad to death before taking bus to hotel on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 19:08