A BRITISH expat has been found dead in a sunken car in Spain three months after going missing.
Police pulled a 4×4 car containing what they believe to be the body of Martin Walker, 59, from a reservoir in Zaragoza on Monday.
The SUV is reportedly registered to Walker and documents bearing his name were also found inside the vehicle.
It comes after an appeal was launched by police in the region after Walker vanished on March 4.
Cops were called on Monday after a vehicle was seen in the water at the Civan reservoir in Caspe at around 1.30pm.
The SUV was submerged around 200 meters from the shore with only the upper part visible.
Guardia Civil divers say they found the corpse inside the vehicle on Wednesday.
The body is being transferred to the institute of Legal Medicine in Aragon where forensics and DNA analysts will confirm the identity of the corpse.
Walker moved from High Wycombe to Caspe around 15 years ago.
According to the Sun, he ran Catfish Capers, a fishing tour business on the River Ebro.
He was last seen at the Jolly Fisherman pub in Caspe in early March.
His son Johnny Walker had appealed online: “If anyone has been in contact with my dad within the last 2 weeks. Can you please contact me asap.”
- Expat Marbella couple held in prison on drug and money laundering charges ‘may have links to Finland’s Hells Angels’ as more details emerge - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 15:13
- IN THE NICK OF TIME: Irish man arrested at Malaga airport check-in desk donning €28,000 Rolex he reported as robbed in Marbella a day earlier - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 12:41
- Expat stumbles upon TWO sets of human remains on Spain’s Costa del Sol during morning stroll - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 12:15
- Conservative deputy mayor arrested after police find HUNDREDS of marijuana plants growing in his home in Spain’s Andalucia - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:13
- Expat Marbella restaurant owner and bikini-model girlfriend arrested on money laundering and drug charges as Costa del Sol home raided - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 16:09
- MUST READ: How to survive a rip current following deaths of two swimmers on Costa del Sol beach - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:43
- Man becomes second to die off Costa del Sol beach in just 15 days - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 16:35
- BRACE YOURSELVES: Hot winds to bring temperatures of up to 39C on Spain’s Costa del Sol TODAY - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 10:27
- WATCH: Stingray capable of killing humans spotted on shore metres from children on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:13
- British expats arrested and fined in new crackdown on ‘pirate taxis’ at Malaga airport - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:31