SPAIN is the number one dream expat location.
That’s the result of a new poll which asked people in the UK where they would live if they could choose anywhere in the world.
The vote, carried out by removal company AnyVan, pitted the southern European favourite against the likes of Australia, New Zealand, Canada and Dubai.
It revealed that 13% of Brits would choose Spain over any other country to live in.
It was followed by New Zealand and Australia, both on 12%.
Other popular moves on the wish list included the US (10%), Canada (9%), Italy (7%) and France (6%).
Angus Elphinstone, CEO of AnyVan, said: “It’s nearly a national sport in the UK to dream about moving.
“From flicking through property prices and listings on Rightmove to sitting down to watch one of the vast number of primetime TV shows offering advice to those looking to change homes for a place in the sun.
“Our research highlighted where people dream to move to, but there were still 16% of residents who didn’t want to move anywhere.
“With such a vast number of different landscapes, coastal views and green spaces, it’s easy to see why so many are living their dream in the UK and don’t feel they need to move elsewhere.”
The company’s research revealed age is a major factor in determining the popularity of potential living locations.
Young adults prefer countries with more opportunities for lucrative career prospects and lavish lifestyles.
The US was the number one choice for under 34s, with 16% listing it as their favourite, followed by Australia and then Spain.
Dubai was also more popular with younger adults, with 4% dreaming of a move to the Middle East.
For adults over the age of 55, New Zealand (14%) came out top of their dream move.
- Expat Marbella couple held in prison on drug and money laundering charges ‘may have links to Finland’s Hells Angels’ as more details emerge - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 15:13
- IN THE NICK OF TIME: Irish man arrested at Malaga airport check-in desk donning €28,000 Rolex he reported as robbed in Marbella a day earlier - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 12:41
- Expat stumbles upon TWO sets of human remains on Spain’s Costa del Sol during morning stroll - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 12:15
- Conservative deputy mayor arrested after police find HUNDREDS of marijuana plants growing in his home in Spain’s Andalucia - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:13
- Expat Marbella restaurant owner and bikini-model girlfriend arrested on money laundering and drug charges as Costa del Sol home raided - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 16:09
- MUST READ: How to survive a rip current following deaths of two swimmers on Costa del Sol beach - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:43
- Man becomes second to die off Costa del Sol beach in just 15 days - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 16:35
- BRACE YOURSELVES: Hot winds to bring temperatures of up to 39C on Spain’s Costa del Sol TODAY - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 10:27
- WATCH: Stingray capable of killing humans spotted on shore metres from children on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:13
- British expats arrested and fined in new crackdown on ‘pirate taxis’ at Malaga airport - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:31