EVER thought about mooring your yacht on the Costa del Sol?
Well you will now have to pay more for the privilege at Puerto Banus than anywhere else in Europe.
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop
- British man ‘almost dies’ after falling into Puerto Banus harbour in Marbella as fellow Brit calls for better safety measures
- Marbella mayor revokes Sisu hotel’s music license and vows crackdown on ‘loutish tourism’ as at least TEN businesses threaten to leave Puerto Banus
That is because the Marbella marina has overtaken ‘Ibiza Magna’ to become Europe’s most expensive port.
Docking a 55-metre boat there will now set you back €4,289 per day, while Ibiza Magna is a slightly more modest €4,084.
This is a 20% increase on prices in 2018, when Puerto Banus rates were just €3,545, making it one of the world’s dearest docks.
A trio of Italian ports are the next most expensive, according to the price list, compiled by luxury yachting firm, Engel & Volkers.
Marina di Porto Cervo is the third most expensive (€3,176), while Marina Grand is fourth, (€3,000) and Marina di Portofino is fifth (€2,398).
It comes after business owners accused Puerto Banus of forcing them to accept rent increases of up to 700%.
Full of luxury brands, like Dolce & Gabbana and Versace, Puerto Banus has around 15 hectares of space for boats, with 915 individual moorings.
- American football star caught jumping over bulls at Spain’s San Fermin as veterans SLAM festival as ‘TOO SAFE’ - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:30
- Young woman arrested after ‘stabbing man in face with fork’ in Gibraltar’s Ocean Village - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:02
- Spanish man arrested over rape of British teenage girl in park in Spain - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 08:53
- Rock climber drowns in front of daughter after 30-metre plunge into sea near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 08:16
- Iconic castle on Spain’s Costa del Sol is FINALLY being repaired - 14 Jul, 2019 @ 09:14
- WATCH: Spanish school teacher’s vile RACIST rant at black British men on Spain train, calling them ‘monkeys’ and ‘f**king Africans’ - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 10:03
- Environmental group names and shames 19 Costa del Sol beaches as among worst in Spain - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:01
- Spain’s Government SEIZES former dictator General Franco’s €5 million summer palace over its ‘fraudulent’ sale - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 13:22
- Jennifer Lopez to perform on Spain’s Costa del Sol for her 50th birthday - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 12:39
- Marbella mayor invites Barack Obama back to Costa del Sol to play golf - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 11:36