Television has certainly managed to become a major part of our lives.
Today it’s not necessary to go to the cinema to watch a new movie or buy a newspaper to find out the news, not only that but more and more adaptations of our favorite books appear in TV format with each passing day. With the advent of the Internet, television has changed, but the industry is still developing and finding new formats, such as IPTV.
IPTV is a new generation of digital interactive television with the ability to watch TV programs on a computer screen, on a TV, Smart TV, as well as on a tablet or smartphone. The broadcast format of the IPTV set-top box from https://www.infomir.eu/eng/products/iptv-stb/ for TVs involves using the IP protocol. The signal comes not from the World Wide Web, but via the provider’s closed network.
Internet Protocol Television is television over the IP. Its main advantage is its interactivity:
- choose the channels you want to watch on your own;
- browse videos from catalogs;
- don’t miss the final episode of your favorite series or the decisive goal from a football match. All you need is to record the program and select the moment to watch later.
If you want to see the benefits of android boxes, pay attention to such models as the Xiaomi Mi Box/Mi Box S and Infomir’s MAG425A. Even though the main functionality depends on the operator, if the set-top box isn’t limited to a specific provider, the user can choose where and what content to get.
Which Box to Choose?
A comparative analysis of the Xiaomi Mi Box / Mi Box S and Infomir’s MAG425A shows that both boxes are great for use. While Infomir’s MAG425A wins in the following areas:
- Convenience and ease of setup — first connect the remote control, set the trim, then goes the standard Google setup wizard. The first suggested window is language selection.
- There is no browser because the concept of surfing the Internet was not considered as necessary. Only multimedia and games, there will however be a MAGic Browser available in the future. Xiaomi Mi Box doesn’t have a browser for surfing the web.
- MAGic Files application is preinstalled. Mi Box S does not have a built-in file manager for working with external media.
- The box has an Ethernet 100 Mbps port, while the Xiaomi Mi Box does not have one.
Xiaomi Mi Box / Mi Box S has its own pros:
- Wi-Fi 5 Hz.
- Android 8.1.
- RCA audio output combined with optical audio output.
Android boxes are less demanding, so they have higher speed (switching channels (tasks) and the quality of video processing). They have a more convenient search feature and less complicated application installation and deleting process.