FIREFIGHTERS in Malaga saved a woman’s life during a terrifying blaze caused by an unsupervised candle.

The quick-thinking crew guided the pensioner, 72, to safety after the fire broke out in Callejon El Perchel at around 7.50 pm on Tuesday. 

Emergency services rushed to the blaze at the six-storey building and quickly evacuated residents, including the pensioner. 

A number of residents were taken to the Carlos Haya hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation. 

Investigations are ongoing. 

READ ALSO:

Brotherly love as Marley brothers sing soulful Bob Marley ballad at Valencia's giant reggae festival

Residents feared for their homes when multiple fronts of flames raced towards homes in L’Atzubia

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.