A SCHOOLYARD fight led to
tragedy when a boy died after
receiving a blow to the head.
Jordi R, 17, fell and hit his
head against a wall at the
Santa Coloma de Farners agricultural
school in Gerona on
Eye witnesses claim the boy
was pushed by a classmate,
cannot be named for legal
reasons, after an argument.
He was taken to the city’s
Hospital Josep Trueta where
he died after suffering a cerebral
haemorrhage due to a
burst blood vessel a day later.
A hospital source said the
injuries received by the seventeen
year old were “excessive.”
Cataluña regional government
representative Ferrán Cordón
said the boy’s death was accidental.
“We are investigating the
causes of the argument that
led to this terrible accident. Its
consequences are far greater
than what was hoped for.
“We have to respect the suffering
of both of the families concerned.”
School psychologists were
called to offer counselling to
witnesses of the incident.
- Spain’s Andalucia among top 20 global travel destinations for Airbnb customers - 15 Dec, 2018 @ 13:00
- Costa del Sol financial firm set to become listed on Nasdaq stock exchange - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:35
- Where to eat in the Guadalhorce Valley - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 17:24
- Get lost in the white towns of Guadalhorce - 8 Dec, 2018 @ 16:21
- There’s a new mango vodka liqueur made 100% in Malaga and it looks DELICIOUS - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 17:51
- Dead body found floating in Malaga dam - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 14:51
- How to find high-quality translation services by CPSL - 5 Dec, 2018 @ 16:24
- World Class Accommodation for Rent in Madrid - 5 Dec, 2018 @ 16:21
- Ibiza Yacht Rental - 5 Dec, 2018 @ 16:17
- CUT AND BLOW-DRY CASE? Popular Low Cost hairdressers accused of defrauding taxpayer of millions in Spain’s Andalucia - 3 Dec, 2018 @ 18:01