MALAGA have avoided relegation from Spain’s top division after heroically holding championship chasing Real Madrid to a draw.
Los Boquerones managed to avoid defeat against their star-studded rivals to secure the crucial point which confirmed their top-flight status.
The Galaticos came south for the final match of the season, knowing that anything less than a win would hand arch rivals Barcelona the title.
But relegation-threatened Malaga tore up the rule book to take the lead through playmaker Duda.
Although Los Blancos equalised through Dutchman Rafael Van der Vaart, Malaga held on to claim the vital point at the Rosaleda stadium.
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00
- Incredible 20 Michelin starred chefs – with 40 stars between them – to descend on Marbella - 16 Mar, 2018 @ 17:00