A MALIGNED Costa del Sol property company is allegedly winding up yet another branch of its business.
MacAnthony Realty International – founded by beleaguered property magnate Darragh MacAnthony – is closing one of its overseas offshoots.
According to the Sunday Times the directors of MacAnthony Realty International Ireland (MRII) have agreed “in principal” to the liquidation.
MRII allegedly made loses of 2.87m euros on sales of 54m euros in 2007.
The company was not satisfied it could recover its 5.3m euro trade debt and cited the failure of suppliers as one of its biggest problems.
Meanwhile, MRI Overseas Property Limited has also gone into voluntary liquidation, despite the company insisting it was a UK subsidiary “that we never used”.
Also being wound up is MRI TV ltd, owing 300,000 euros, as well as MRI Media, with debts of 560,000 euros.
MacAnthony, chairman of Peterborough United FC, saw his team relegated this season, finishing bottom of the English Championship.
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00
- Incredible 20 Michelin starred chefs – with 40 stars between them – to descend on Marbella - 16 Mar, 2018 @ 17:00