By Nicola Cowell
SECURITY was so tight at Ronda bullring on Saturday that tourists were very lucky if they got a snapshot of its VIP guest, Michelle Obama.
But, all is not lost as the museum is still running its competition offering people the chance to enter a photograph of the ring itself, and maybe even win themselves 400 euros in the process.
The Plaza in Focus competition, run by the Royal School of Cavalry to celebrate the ring’s 225th anniversary, is offering locals and tourists the chance to submit an original shot of the bullring, exhibition rooms or architecture; the more inspired, the better.
A man pretending to be a bull at the gate, a couple running through the rain in the arena, and a photo of a legoman taking a picture of a bull; the photo opportunities are endless.
Cecilia Bogaard from the School said: “With 115 images entered in the competition to date, we’ve had a pretty good response so far. There’s been a bit of everything from classic architectural images and tourist snaps to more set up arty shots or images showing how visitors spend their time in the plaza. It’s going to be a tough decision!”
A winner will be selected each month and awarded a prize of 200 euros, with the best overall photographer bagging 400 euros and the chance to have their photo displayed at exhibitions next year.
Photos can be loaded up to Flickr.com and tagged with the words ‘Plaza in focus 2010’, until December 15.
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00
- Incredible 20 Michelin starred chefs – with 40 stars between them – to descend on Marbella - 16 Mar, 2018 @ 17:00