EXCLUSIVE By Wendy Williams
HE has represented Chemical Ali and Slobodan Milosevic in court.
But now he is undertaking an even harder proposition… getting his new single up the pop charts.
Controversial lawyer Giovanni Di Stefano – who has also represented disgraced singer Gary Glitter and timeshare king John ‘Goldfinger’ Palmer – is to launch a pop career from a friend’s studio on the Costa del Sol.
The so-called ‘Devil’s Advocate’ is currently recording two albums at Parrothouse studios, near Coin.
Studio boss Pete Ware confirmed that Di Stefano is to release the first album ‘In Concert’ later this year.
A second, ‘Recitations’, in which he delivers extracts from famous speeches put to music, will come out later.
“He sees music as a release, a way to reveal a softer, gentler side,” Ware told the Olive Press.
“He knows he is the big bad lawyer and known as the ‘Devil’s advocate’, but he is actually a really decent bloke.”
Aside from his own musical ventures, millionaire Di Stefano – who has been spending a lot of time on the Costa del Sol – has recently taken over three major labels.
As well as MGM records, and PYE, he has also taken over PATHE records, with a view to reviving the labels and signing new stars.
As Ware, who is most famous for his work with country and western star Charlie Landsborough, explains: “While he is doing the negotiating and fixing, which he is good at, I am doing the backroom stuff, compiling, editing and producing.”
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00
- Incredible 20 Michelin starred chefs – with 40 stars between them – to descend on Marbella - 16 Mar, 2018 @ 17:00