- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
Daily Mail faces trouble over 10-year-old mum
• The 10-year-old gave birth to her first child last week
THE Daily Mail could be prosecuted by the Spanish Attorney General for printing photos of Andalucia’s youngest mum.
The British paper had revealed photos of the 10-year-old mum with the 13-year-old father of her child, which was born in Jerez on October 26.
Now, the Sevilla Prosecutors’ Office wants to see action taken against the newspaper for exposing details about the Romanian girl’s life, on charges of the invasion of privacy of a minor.
And the office has sent the offending article to the Attorney General in Madrid to decide whether legal action should be taken from Spain, or if international cooperation is needed.
Last week María José Segarra, the Chief Prosecutor in Sevilla, made a request to the media to stop printing images of the family’s home in Lebrija and she announced she was taking legal action against a newspaper in Cádiz which had printed the first photos of the child.
Reader Comments »
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
Latest news from the Olive Press...
Police make two record drug hauls in one week…