HAVING gained your Licencia de obras mayor and agreed a price with the contractor you are almost ready to start building.
At this stage many people believe that the architect’s job is done. But this is not the case.
The architect also co-ordinates site safety and ensures the contractor prepares the Plan de seguridad y salud.
To watch the carefree manner in which some builders approach construction it is hard to believe health and safety legislation has reached these shores. And clients are often surprised to find themselves called before a judge to account for injuries and fatalities of workmen building their homes.
If you do not check that your builder has the correct documents you could find yourself not only criminally but also financially responsible.
So, in order to get your house built correctly the architect must make regular site visits to check workmanship and progress.
He also obtains materials’ purchase certificates from the builder and instructs him to carry out quality control tests to show the materials used comply with legal requirements. Shoddy workmanship can mean more than just a few unsightly cracks.
Lastly, the architect sorts out the final account with the contractor, including any additional items or omissions. And then he can prepare those all important documents, including the Certificado final de obras, that enable you to get the Licencia de primera ocupación.
At last you have the house of your dreams.
Contact Liam Kellehar at [email protected] or on 690 721 141
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00
- Incredible 20 Michelin starred chefs – with 40 stars between them – to descend on Marbella - 16 Mar, 2018 @ 17:00