THE Daily Mail could be prosecuted by the Spanish Attorney General for printing photos of Andalucia’s youngest mum.
The British paper had revealed photos of the 10-year-old mum with the 13-year-old father of her child, which was born in Jerez on October 26.
Now, the Sevilla Prosecutors’ Office wants to see action taken against the newspaper for exposing details about the Romanian girl’s life, on charges of the invasion of privacy of a minor.
And the office has sent the offending article to the Attorney General in Madrid to decide whether legal action should be taken from Spain, or if international cooperation is needed.
Last week María José Segarra, the Chief Prosecutor in Sevilla, made a request to the media to stop printing images of the family’s home in Lebrija and she announced she was taking legal action against a newspaper in Cádiz which had printed the first photos of the child.
- ALIVE AND KICKING: Trio of British rock legends wow the festival crowds at Lisbon’s Nos Alive - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 17:18
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27