IT was an unusual trip for a married couple… particularly in the 1930s.
But the fascinating story about the trip to Spain by Ernest Heminway and Martha Gellhorn during the Spanish Civil War is about to be finally told.
A new film, starring British actor Clive Owen and Nicole Kidman, will recount the tempestuous romance between writer Hemingway and celebrated war correspondent Gellhorn.
Retelling the story of one of America’s most famous literary couples, it begins in 1936 when the pair first met in a bar in Florida.
He was already a famous writer and she was one of the greatest war correspondents of the 20th Century.
Their five-year marriage first saw them travel to Spain to record some of the most famous reports on the Spanish Civil War between 1936 and 1939.
Gellhorn was the only woman ever to ask Hemingway for a divorce and she inspired him to write his most famous novel, For Whom the Bell Tolls.
The film, entitled, Hemingway & Gellhorn, will be produced by James Gandolfini and is due to be released next year.
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00
- Incredible 20 Michelin starred chefs – with 40 stars between them – to descend on Marbella - 16 Mar, 2018 @ 17:00