By Amie Keeley
THE PARTNER of convicted paedophile Martin Smith has been told he is not the father of their two murdered children.
Spanish police told Lianne Smith, who is awaiting trial for killing her son and daughter in a hotel room on the Costa Brava, that DNA tests from the bodies prove that they are not related to Mr Smith.
But Miss Smith has rubbished the claims saying she has never been unfaithful and wants the tests to be re-done in the UK.
She said she killed her 11-month-old son and five-year-old daughter to avoid them being taken into care following her husband’s trial in the UK.
Martin Smith was convicted last week at Manchester Crown Court and faces a ‘significant custodial sentence’ while Miss Smith, who described the paedophilia claims against her husband as ‘nonsense’, could get 20 years in jail if found guilty of murder.
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00
- Incredible 20 Michelin starred chefs – with 40 stars between them – to descend on Marbella - 16 Mar, 2018 @ 17:00