DISGRACED banker Sir Fred Goodwin has been spotted enjoying a 30,000 euro shooting trip in Spain.
The five star jaunt was – perhaps predictably – hosted by embattled Santander boss Emilio Botin.
Botin sent a limousine to pick up the ex-Royal Bank of Scotland chief from Madrid airport.
Goodwin was also joined by Formula One driver Jackie Stewart who the banker once hired as ‘brand ambassador’ for RBS.
After staying in a five-star hotel in the capital, they went to La Flamenca country estate for a spot of partridge shooting where they are said to have killed over 1,000 birds.
Stewart said: ‘It was perfect weather, we had a lovely day. Emilio is a friend of mine. Sir Fred is a friend of mine. I have known him a long time.’
Goodwin lost his five million euro-a-year job as chief executive of RBS as a condition of the bail out in 2008, which saved his bank from the worst corporate collapse in British history.
But he was vilified after it emerged that he received a pension of £703,000 a year, later reduced to £342,000.
It was Botin coincidentally, who helped fund the 60 billion euro RBS takeover of Dutch bank ABN Amro in 2007, a deal that nearly ruined RBS and led to 20,000 staff losing their jobs.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46