By James Bryce
SHE has sold over 10 million records, performed in front of royalty and contributed to London’s successful bid to stage the 2012 Olympics.
And now Heather Small is bringing her magic touch to the Costa del Sol, with two intimate shows at Marbella’s Polo House restaurant next week.
The former M People singer is no stranger to Spain having had a number of holidays here, with one trip in particular, holding special memories.
“I’ve got a soft spot for Spain because I found out I was pregnant just before I went on holiday there, so I suppose you could say it was my son’s first holiday,” the 46-year-old Londoner told the Olive Press.
“He’s learning Spanish now and really enjoying it and he’s a massive sports fan so we’ve been to see Real Madrid play, which was fantastic,” she added.
Small will return to Spain again this summer with friends in Ibiza, but relaxation won’t necessarily be on the agenda.
“Some people like to relax on holiday but I love being active and going to the gym, which is probably a good thing with all that wonderful Spanish food,” she says with a hearty laugh.
“I went to Mallorca for New Year once and I remember having lots of fantastic tapas, with vegetable-based dishes and of course the Spanish love their meat.”
Small recently performed in Washington to an audience including Prince Charles, who she describes as being ‘very complimentary’, and is now setting her sights on the Polo House show.
“I’m really looking forward to it,” she enthused. “It will be quite an intimate show which is nice because you get a better feel for the nuances of the crowd.
“But regardless of whether it is a big or small crowd you have to have a passion for it, and performing will always make me happy.”
Heather is performing June 7/8…Tickets from 100 euros including dinner. Call 952 900 380.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46