- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Property Insider
- Legal Issues
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Loud and Clear
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
New lord of Bent-ley hall?
• SPLASH THE CASH: Anthony Larvin is buying Bentley Hall
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
EXCLUSIVE By Wendy Williams
A TIMESHARE salesman who allegedly made a fortune from dodgy cashback schemes on the Costa del Sol is said to be buying a three million euro mansion in the UK.
Anthony Larvin, an associate of infamous conman Garry Leigh, is said to have made an offer on stunning Bentley Hall, in Yorkshire, it can be revealed.
According to sources, the former director of Cashback Sales and Administration, has had an offer accepted on the six bedroom mansion that comes complete with three acres of grounds including a fishing lake, clay pigeon shooting, tennis, a gym, a swimming pool and sauna.
The news will come as a bitter blow to the hundreds of holidaymakers who lost their life savings in the cashback scheme linked to the late Garry Leigh’s notoriously dodgy Incentive Leisure Group.
Larvin, who fled Spain last year, was taken to court in 2008 by his former business partner Stuart Tristram for stealing money from the company and putting it into liquidation.
In a letter sent to all clients in 2009 Tristram wrote: “Anthony Larvin has been removed from his position and is currently being pursued through the courts.”
He added: “Mr Larvin has made a preliminary court appearance and appears to have admitted to most of the charges against him; he has also surrendered his passport and agreed to remain in Spain until the case is resolved.”
This, however, is apparently not the case and he is currently living an ‘enviable lifestyle’ back in the UK, the Olive Press can reveal.
According to a family source, Larvin is driving around in a brand new top of the range Mercedes and is known locally as someone ‘who likes to spend big’.
She said: “Larvin has put in an offer to purchase Bentley Hall and it has been accepted.
“Not bad for a guy who left Spain with what he could carry in the back of his car.
“He says he earns his money in investments but I don’t know how because he doesn’t appear to do anything all day.”
Local estate agent Matthew Limb confirmed that the property had been sold but was unable to reveal the name of the buyer.
However, when the Olive Press spoke to Larvin he denied his millionaire lifestyle.
“It is absolutely not true,” he said.
“I am not buying a mansion and I am not a millionaire although I wish I was.”
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]