By James Bryce
A BRITISH teenager has been stabbed to death on the Costa Brava.
The circumstances surrounding the death of the unnamed 15-year-old in the resort of Lloret de Mar are as yet unclear.
The youngster – who is believed to live in the town – died after he was taken to hospital in the nearby town of Blanes.
A police spokesman said: “An investigation is under way. I am not at liberty to say if there have been any arrests because of the secrecy order that is in place.”
The death comes just two days after another British teenager was stabbed on the Costa del Sol.
Roddy Azar, 17, suffered a knife wound to the groin following an argument with a group of youths in Puerto Banus.
The private school pupil, whose dad is Spanish, had allegedly gone to the defence of his girlfriend and a female friend who were being insulted by the group.
The teen – who is expected to make a full recovery – was stabbed in the groin before being taken to hospital in Marbella.
A police spokesman stated: “Our understanding is an argument started after one of the youths said something to the victim’s girlfriend and a female pal that upset them.
“The British boy was stabbed during a brief fight. He fell to the ground feeling dizzy.”
Police are looking to question five people in relation to the incident.
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02